Your comments to Website

Postby Ada Aharoni » Sat Apr 30, 2005 4:56 am

Dear Leo. I am very impressed by your new 61 pages updated site with so many powerful additions in several languages. Your promising work gives me hope that the social sciences can
indeed improve our world. The essays, drawings and pictures are very impressive, and I
congratulate you for such good and dedicated work. All Iflac friends and members are invited to visit theNew site by Leo Semashko, our IFLAC Delegate in St. Petersburg, at :
http://www.peacefromharmony.spb.ru
I confirm that what you wrote about IFLAC and my contributions in your Report are fine. I too
mentioned your site on the Report I presented of the 5 last Years of IFLAC Pave Peace,
requested by David Adams. Your Peace and Harmony work is indeed impressive
and I hope you get the support you deserve.Many thanks for your wonderful work on paving the road to a global peace culture,
25/04/05
Ada Aharoni

Postby Albert Kunihira » Sun May 15, 2005 4:09 am

Dear Dr. Leo Semashko,

Warm greetings from Africa Youth Ministries Uganda. Thank you for your feedback and concern for the suffering Children due to the on-going 19 years civil conflict between the Lords Resistance Army rebels and the Government of Uganda. This war has caused massive suffering to the people of Northern Old & Young both alike. However, the damage this war has had on the Children is immense as is always the case in any Conflict. I gratefully welcome your suggestion to publish this problem on your website, I have an experience with another Ngo I work with helping AIDS Orphans & vulnerable Children in a Children’s Home.

We got a journalist from Holland, who volunteered to publish an article in one of the prominent News Papers in Holland, which she successfully did with many photos of the Children. To-date this news article has touched many peoples hearts and they were to give and as I talk this article brought over 150,000 Euros to the Children’s home. It is not only about getting funds to help the Children but it also creates global awareness on problems around the world. With all this I have endorsed your suggestion with my fingures on it please go ahead and publish. I am also sending you another article about the plight of Children in Northern Uganda which appeared in newspaper global mail in the US. I will be most grateful to hear from you once again.

Yours,

Albert Kunihira
Country Director & Peace Ambassador
The Africa Youth Ministries
P.O. Box 20029, Kampala, Uganda
T: +256-71-200009/75-200009/+256-39-200009 Off
F: +256-41-251060
E: admin@aymu.org or Albert@aymu.org
Albert Kunihira

Postby R K Singh » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:20 am

Dear Leo,

GREAT. SIMPLY SUPER. The poem of Dr Kalam (President of India) in English and Russian along with my review, also in English and Russian. Let's hope you have an excellent response from the readers and memebrs of Peace From Harmony.

I congratulate you on taking the initiative in highlighting the poetry of the President of India on your site (page 4-4-1) and working hard to present a Russian translation of his poem and my review.
Best wishes, and Congrats, once again
R K Singh
June 3, 2005
R K Singh

Postby Albert Kunihira » Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:21 am

Dear Leo,
Greetings. I am very much impressed by your commited advocacy work for Child protection, this is good work, please do not give.

Peace!
Albert Kunihira
Africa Youth Ministries Uganda
June 4, 2005
Albert Kunihira

Postby Hilarie Roseman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Dear Leo,
A very happy anniversary for tomorrow (February 15) for your website! It has taken so much work for you to do, and in a way it is like a child! A child who is growing up!... NOW IS YOUR CRUCIAL TIME. Now is the time for you to test your theory…. Now is also the time for you to specify how you are going to make children a priority. People seem to be responding to help you with that one. The issue of the moment is the different cultures of the East and the West. I am from the West! To come more close together, we have to be ourselves, and be open to listen to others. I am trying. I will pray for your success,
love
Hilarie Roseman
February 14, 2006
Hilarie Roseman

Postby Kerry Bowden » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:04 pm

Dear Leo
Was just checking some links and was on your site, congratulations, you have done a lot of work, well done. I don't think a lot of people know how much work going into getting information onto website. You have been very busy, but like me you are driven by the need to do something to help children and humanity
love and hugs
Kerry Bowden
One Mind One Voice
The Promise Club
" a place where promises to children are kept"
www.thepromiseclub.com
February 16, 2006
Kerry Bowden

Postby Ada Aharoni » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:05 pm

Dear Leo,
Congratulations for the renewal of your site!
Warm regards,
Ada Aharoni
February 20, 2006
Ada Aharoni

Postby Takis Ioannides » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:05 pm

Dear Leo,
Your site is so beautiful like your heart, my friend. It will be my honor to put me in as author. I hope to see my poems translated in Russian language also. I would be grateful if you could add the Greek flag also in your site, as Greeks are too sensitive in children’s matters since ancient years.
my name is :
Panagiotis (Takis) Ioannides
nationality Greek,
citizen of planet earth,
continues student of life.
Member of the International Society of Greek Writers and Artists,
member of the ESTIA of Nea Smyrni,
director-ambassador of IFLAC in Greece,
member of the Bilingual MCA Writers and poets of Argentina
I shall send you a word file with Greek language statement.
Mercy God is helping us.

Μέ εκτίμηση
Best Regards
Takis Ioannides
February 21, 2006
Takis Ioannides

Postby Tom Scheff » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:06 pm

Leo,
Thank you for publishing my paper on your forum. It looks fine. I saw only one typo, a very small one. The line that starts with Stroller should not be in Boldface.
Thanks again,
Tom Scheff
http://www.soc.ucsb.edu/faculty/scheff
February 22, 2006
Tom Scheff

Postby Rose Lord » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:06 pm

Dear Leo,
I don't think I've received the new address but I have been to the updated site and it looks GREAT!
Peace and love,
Rose Lord,
February 27, 2006
Rose Lord

Postby Takis Ioannides » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:06 pm

Dears all,
Life is beautiful. People may create also beautiful things, if they decide to do it. If they feel the harmony and peace in their soul. If they decide to be shared with all other humans on earth planet.
With Love and Respect
Takis Ioannides, student of life
March 3, 2006
Takis Ioannides

Postby Ada Aharoni » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Dear Leo,
I have now been able to access your new website in English, and I congratulate you for your good work and efforts. It is indeed a precious addition to the needed global culture of peace.

Please add the Iflac website in addition to mine, which contains all the information about our 6th IFLAC Congress, and about the GTW Congress. The Iflac website is:
www.iflac.com
My website is: www.iflac.com/ada
We would begrateful if you could kindly add the information about the 6th IFLAC Congress, and the GTW one, to your website.
Best regards and love,
Ada
March 5, 2006
Ada Aharoni

Postby Monica Willard » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:07 pm

Dear Dr. Semashko,
Thank you for your kind note. I know that you have suggested other ways in which we could work together too. My NGO work has been very focused on The International Day of Peace each September 21 and a new forum at the UN called the Tripartite Forum on Interfaith Cooperation for Peace. Governments, UN agencies and departments are working with religious and spiritual NGOs to build peace.
I know that the arts can be a part of both of these initiatives. IFLAC is an organization I worked with for an Interfaith peace conference in Israel in 1999. Your work is most impressive.
The purpose of the United Religions Initiative is to promote enduring, daily interfaith cooperation, to end religiously motivated violence and to create cultures of peace, justice and healing for the Earth and all living beings.
May Peace Prevail on Earth,
Monica Willard
United Religions Initiative
United Nations NGO Representative
www.uri.org

08/03/06
Monica Willard

Postby Harold Becker » Wed Mar 22, 2006 2:40 pm

Hello Leo,

Please pardon the unusual delay - it appears your email ended up in an unopened folder as I have just found it. We understand the challenges associated to operating a global-focused web site. It has been my experience that with a little patience and clear vision, the appropriate resources will come at the right time. This includes both monetary and otherwise. Your work is so well done and necessary, I am positive it will be supported in many wonderful and perhaps unexpected ways, just stay in right mind and positive expectation.....

Thank you again for all you are doing to make this a better world for all of us "children" young and old alike!

Love, light and peace, Harold Becker
Harold Becker

Postby Martha DeWitt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:49 pm

Dear Leo,

We owe you so much for your continuing dedication to this website, which
provides a forum for our shared interests and diverse opinions, overcoming
difficulties and meeting challenges, including the costs of translating,
maintaining and upgrading. As you know, I have been pressed for time due to a
grant request deadline that is now extended to June 1st, and requires greater
effort to show that my questionnaire on the Quality of Life of eighth graders in
high density population areas is a useful instrument…. It's all I can do.

Martha Ross DeWitt,
Dr sociology, USA
April 16, 2006
Martha DeWitt

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions on Forum